If your financial institution provides ATMs for convenient banking services, then you also know that your customers run some risks if they don’t take the proper precaution when checking their balances and withdrawing funds. At Ken Smith Inc., we believe it’s important to share safety tips with your customers as they visit your automated teller machines, so here are ten great ways they can improve their safety with each transaction:
- Use ATMs in the center of a building, in a well-lit area in a public location.
- Make sure to be aware of your surroundings during your entire transaction.
- Don’t use ATMs that you aren’t familiar with. They could be subject to hidden cameras and pin pad tampering.
- Don’t allow others in line to view your PIN as you enter your information. Contact a bank official right away if the ATM takes your card.
- Do not count the cash collected at the ATM in public. Wait until you have returned to a secure location.
- Leave plenty of space between yourself and the car ahead of you, and keep your doors locked when using drive-thru automated teller machines.
- Prepare all deposit/withdrawal paperwork prior to arriving at the machine to save time completing your transaction.
- Monitor your bank statements and balances, and alert your bank about any discrepancies.
At Ken Smith Inc., we offer a number of solutions for financial institutions that wish to enhance security while providing their customers with convenient services. Contact us today to learn more about our products and services.